Gaps in Knowledge, Future Opportunities
- Evaluate genetic contribution to initial childhood cancer, multiple primary tumors and other late effects
- Biospecimen repository up front for new cohort to include probands and parents, new samples on existing cohort
- New focused web-based family history questionnaire for existing and expanded cohorts
- Offspring cohort, biospecimens not dependent on proband survival
- Genetic predisposition to complement the outstanding repository of data on childhood cancer, treatment and late effects
- Tumor-specific genetic changes, dependent on tumor / normal resources
- Tissue or histology specific?
- Treatment specific?
- Genetic predisposition-specific?
- Genetic testing / counseling in Long-Term Survivor Study participants and families
- Ethics and genetic testing in CCSS
- "Biomarkers" of increased SMN genetic risk
- Significance of change in cancer family history over time