The Genetics Working Group, in collaboration with the Second Neoplasm, Chronic Disease, Psychology and Epidemiology/Biostatistics Working Groups, is charged with understanding the role of genetic susceptibility in explaining the inter-individual variability in the therapy-adverse event association.
Sample Research Areas:
- Development of an integrated approach to understand mechanistic pathways associated with treatment-related complications.
- Development of integrated risk-prediction models for precision prevention of adverse effects.
- Research that uses mechanistic pathways to identify druggable targets.
- Research that examines the somatic mutational landscape to understand the pathogenesis of subsequent malignant neoplasms.
- Integration of genetic, epigenetic, gene expression, proteomic and metabolomic data that facilitates exploration of mechanisms of treatment-related complications, and identification of survivors at greatest risk for adverse outcomes.